The criteria reflect the primary duty of the school to provide for children with complex special educational needs.
Places will be offered to children
- Within the age range YN1 – Y6 (aged rising 3 to 11 years)
- Following full consultation with their parents and themselves and by agreement with the SEND Provision Panel or on the recommendation of the Early Years Provision Panel when the place will be deemed to be an assessment placement
- Via consultation process via Special Educational Needs Assessment Team (SENAT)
- With primary learning needs defined as severe or complex including those with significant medical needs
- Working within the range DfE Engagement Model to National Curriculum Level 2 throughout their academic career.
- Requiring highly differentiated learning resources, which may include specialised sensory resource and who require small classes with a high staff ratio to enable access to the curriculum