Parent Code of Conduct
Lady Zia Wernher school is committed to:
· Partnerships with parents*
· Creating safe environments for pupils, staff and parents
· Modelling appropriate behaviour for our pupils
· Responding to parental concerns with professionality, open-mindedness, equality and equity
· Our values of respect, independence, passion and creativity
Behaviour that will not be tolerated includes:
· Swearing, use of offensive discriminative language
· Aggression (verbal or written) towards a child or adult
· Abusive and defamatory messages or posting about the school, staff or any members of the community on social media platforms.
· Use of inappropriate behaviour or physical punishment against any child whilst on school premises.
· Threatening and intimidating activity
· Smoking, drinking alcohol (unless prearranged for a specific event) , possessing or taking drugs (including legal highs) on the school premises
Potential school responses if code is breached:
· School will gather information from all involved in the incident.
· Follow up with letter of action
· Invite parent to meet with Senior staff
· Inform local authority, police, social care
· Ban parents from school
· Final decision for how to respond rests with the Head Teacher
· Inform school governors
This guidance based on protocol from School’s Violence & Aggression policy
*parents refers to anyone with parental responsibility or anyone caring for child (relative, child minders, shared carer)