In EYFS this term our topic is called; 'Little Einsteins', and it's all about experimenting and exploring. This half term we have been reading the books; Monstersaurus and Meg and Mog.
Here are some activities linked to our topic and the stories that you can do on your learning from home day.
Use these youtube videos to read the stories.
- You can sing the number song - 5 little witches:
Five little witches cooking up a spell
Stirring up the cauldron “oh what a smell”
Add a little potion sing a little song
There were five little witches
Till the spell went wrong!
Repeat the verse but change the number of witches until you have 0!
Four little witches cooking up a spell
Three little witches cooking up a spell
Two little witches cooking up a spell
One little witch cooking up a spell
- Cook some cakes (instead of a spell!) children can help with mixing and see the ingredients change. Please see below for attached recipe!
- Make a play dough monster
- Whisking: Grab a bowl of water, add soap, and let your child whisk until they make lots of bubbles!
- Make up a tray of cornflour. Add drops of food colour and let your children get the hands in.
- Check out these two Youtube videos. They have some lovely sensory ideas you can try at home.
Make monsters (like Monstersaurus) from toilet rolls or kitchen rolls.
Decorate them however you like (see examples below).
You can send them in on Friday to show us how they look!
- Mark making activities - if you have a printer you can print the colouring in sheets attached below and encourage colouring in.