Lady Zia Wernher School is looking to recruit staff to its already dynamic and vibrant team. If you are looking for a career working with children with special education needs and learning difficulties then please see the jobs listed below.
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
The post holder will gain valuable experience working with children under the direction of the Teacher as part of a year group team supporting the teachers in a variety of activities throughout the school.
As a Teaching Assistant in our school, your duties will include:
• Provide support in the classroom to individuals/groups of pupils as directed by the class teacher/line manager for example to support the implementation of IEPs and care plans.
• Follow and implement the school’s behaviour and any related policies and procedures.
• Provide support for learning in the classroom as directed by the class teacher/line manager and help to maintain the order and cleanliness of the classroom environment e.g. putting up displays, (may involve the ‘21 tasks of the National Agreement).
• Assist in the supervision of children during the working day, on/off site including for example school visits or swimming.
• Assist in classroom preparation.
• Under the direction of the Line Manager/Senco/Headteacher develop and maintain supportive relationships with parents, carers and others of the pupil’s community. Contribute to the care, health and welfare of pupils in accordance with the relevant school policies and support he outcomes of the Every Child Matters agenda.
• Keep records and provide feedback to teaching and other staff on pupils’ behaviour and progress.
• Maintain and respect confidentiality.
For more information and how to apply please visit:-
Closing date for applications via the above link is Tuesday 22nd April 2019